Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Poem analysis

I was unable to post on the wikispace as they needed me to sign up as a member first.I complied but to no avail.

Firstly,I do not think the author is a handicap.

The first stanza talks about the author and his old school motto which he does not remember.That could show that he did not like his school very much.

The second stanza mentioned the crows trying to hinder their singing of the national anthem.This, I think, is showing that the author was not really paying attention to singing the national anthem,instead being distracted by the black crows.

The third stanza states that his shoes were usually dirty especially on Wednesdays.This could show that the author was very active in sports and games,especially on Wednesdays,where maybe he has his CCA's or PE lessons.

The fourth stanza shows his admiration of the scouts working hard.

The fifth stanza could show that how he envied his rich friends having chauffeurs to pick them up after school.However,I genuinely d not understand why 7 to the power of 5 is unreasonable.

The sixth stanza shows Mrs Lee celebrating Chinese New Year though she is a Malay.That could show the harmony of the four races in Singapore.He also mentioned that the capital of Singapore was Singapore which shows that though it is a small country,the people still live together without strife.

The seventh stanza shows that the author thinks highly of his friend when he chooses to answer his Chinese Multiple-Choise Exam with all A's.This could show that the author admired bravery.

The last stanza showed that the author was thoroughly enjoying himself,pushing somebody's wheelchair and even his picturre was taken and posted in the yearbook.However,his eyes were closed which would have seemed slightly awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment