For lack of a better explanation , I shall copy and paste from Wikipedia and continue to elaborate on it .... "Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems concerning matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language" Quoted from Wikipedia.
Firstly, philosophy is a paradox. It is the study of very complicated , complex , continuous subjects which never has a definite answer. It is a simple yet complex theory, whereby I use dualism to embrace all subjects. No Plus can exist without a Minus, no Boon without Bane , No yes without no.
This is the concept that I base on. There is no yes or no, no clear stand, because philosophy is just , and will always be , a endless argument of all of the above. These subjects are so special because they are the basis of a human being.
Existence, what is the meaning of our existence? What is so unique about a human being? How do humans differ from other organisms? Are we the dominant species on Earth? What happens when we cease to exist? What is soul? Where do we go when we die? Are we reincarnated?
Knowledge,What is knowledge? What is it used for? Is knowledge needed? Why do we question? What is the importance of knowledge in our lives? If we all die in the end, what is the purpose of gaining knowledge when all will be lost when you die? Reason, What is reason? Is there truth? Is there an ultimate truth , needing no evidence and with no doubts or any retaliation from anyone else? Is all but a facade? Does science give reason? Does religion give reason? The never-ending conflict between Science and Religion , which is more convincing?
Values, What is life? Why do we need values? Is the purpose of living just to have good moral practices and to live a happy life? Why are values so important to human beings but not so to other organisms? (I do not have much experience in values and language. Of course my knowledge on the rest may also be not up to standard. However, I still wish to blog about these subjects , no matter how sensitive or complicated.)
Mind, What is mind? Mind , Body , Soul, what is the connection? What is thought? Do we all just have a homunculus inside of our brains?(extracted from Curious Incident of Dog in The Night Time <-- Great book , many philosophical ideas presented in a simple yet riveting way which captures the readers attention) Can other organisms think in the same way as us? If we have a heart , why cannot we exist without a brain?
Language , What is the origin of all language? Is language just a form of communication? Do only humans posses the gift of language? How do the other organisms communicate with one another? How are languages inter-related? In my later posts, I will tackle a few of these questions and give my own personal opinion. I could formulate an infinite number of questions from all these subjects, this is just listing a few.In my questions , I repeatedly mention other organisms. I wish to treat all life as equals and not with human superiority , thus the use of the word other organisms.We must not think of others as inferior to us. All life is equal , we are all part of this universe.
I shall continue to elaborate on some of this matters some other time. I shall also recommend good books, in my opinion, that deal with philosophical questions.
- The Universal Key
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ong Sean: follow my blog, i will follow urs
ReplyDelete