Thursday, May 14, 2009

The controversies over the "Liu Guodong" matter are settled

Just today, the 38 year old Chinese told reporters that he respected the decisions made by the Table Tennis Committee and graciously accepts the fact that he is not nominated the Coach of the Year award.Yet he has helped Singapore clinch a silver medal in the Beijing Olympics last year, a medal in nearly 5 decades.Many are sympathising with the coach as he was nominated for Coach of the Year but did not receive the award.The Committee announces that he has been negligent to other players,for example he was absent during one of the Men's Singles in Table Tennis during the Olympics and that particular player lost that round.

Personally,I think he should have had received the award.Having to face another 4 years of 'non-medal glory' in the Olympics is a bit shameful.He has helped our table tennis women's team consisting of Li Jia Wei, Feng Tian Wei and Wang Yue Gu,to achieve the Silver medal in the Olympics.I think that this achievement therefor merits him for the award.I shall now continue on to my second post,related to this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment